- Guided tour of Cochin including Santa Cruz Basilica and the Dutch Palace
- Sightseeing in Munnar including Eravikulam National Park
- Bird watching at Kumarakom bird sanctuary
- Backwater cruise from Kumarakom to Alleppey
- Ayurvedic massage in Kovalam/Visit to Kovalam beach
- Explore Padmanabhapuram Palace, Kanyakumari
- Morning sightseeing in Trivandrum
Day 1: Arrival in Cochin
Upon arrival at the Cochin airport, meet our representative who escort you to the hotel already booked for your stay. As you complete the check-in formalities, settle in your rooms. Thereafter, get ready for sightseeing in Cochin.
Also known as Kochi and Ernakulam, Cochin is a cosmopolitan city of the state that was an important port city in the earlier times. This vibrant city is also referred to as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’ and the ‘Gateway to Kerala’. It is dotted with a number of tourist attractions that are worth-visiting. The places of interest in Cochin that you visit today include Santa Cruz Basilica-one of India’s 8 basilicas, it has Gothic style architecture; Dutch Palace or Mattancherry Palace- a two-storied structure was built around 1555, it is now a museum that is home to murals, weapons, paintings etc and finally, St. Francis Church- constructed way back in the year 1503, this is the oldest European church in the country.
Stay overnight in Cochin.
Day 2: Cochin – Munnar (130 km – 4 hrs)
Today, in the morning, leave by road for Munnar. Upon arrival, check into the hotel. Munnar is probably the most popular hill station of Kerala that is flocked by tourists in crazy numbers. Placed at an altitude of 6000 feet above the sea level, this hill town has pleasant climate, green surroundings, several attractions, aromatic tea plantations, adventure opportunities and more. The rest of the day is free; you can indulge in the activities of your interest. Explore the lovely surroundings on your own.
Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 3: Munnar
Post breakfast in the morning, embark on a sightseeing tour of famous tourist spots in Munnar. The attractions that you visit include today include the Christ Church- constructed by the British in the year 1910, it is one of Munnar’s most revered religious spots; Eravikulam National Park- home to the endangered mountain goat of Southern India- the NilgiriTahr, this wildlife reserve offers ample opportunities; Mattupetty Dam- constructed on a lake, this dam is a popular picnic spot amidst lush and serene surrounding and Anamudi peak- standing tall at an altitude of 2695 m above the sea level, this peak lies within Eravikulam and is popular for offering amazing trekking opportunities.
Day 4: Munnar - Kumarakom
On the 4th day of the tour, in the morning, leave by road for the lovely Kumarakom town, early morning. Upon arrival, check into the backwater resort. Lying on the banks of Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom is extremely well-known for its backwater tourism and colorful birds. This serene retreat boasts of verdant green surroundings. The town receives huge footfall each year.
Post breakfast, embark on a sightseeing tour of Kumarakom Bird sanctuary, which is also known as Vembanad bird sanctuary. The sanctuary is a heaven for bird watching enthusiasts and ornithologists. One can spot both resident as well as migratory birds including Siberian Stork, Cuckoo, Waterfowls, Teals, Egrets, Herons, Darters, Wild Ducks, Brahminy Kites, Owls and so on. Other than this, if you are an adventure enthusiast, you can indulge in water skiing and wind-sailing. Stay overnight in Kumarakom.
Day 5: Kumarakom – Alleppey (Alappuzha
Today, in the morning, head straight to Kottayam. Upon arrival, get on board the beautiful houseboat and sail towards Alleppey, Kerala’s backwater hub, referred to as the ‘Venice of the East’. Traditionally known as Kettuvallam, an overnight houseboat is well-equipped, has the required number of rooms and comes with a rower and a trained chef. As the boat cruises on the placid backwaters, soak-in the tranquility and treat your eyes to the beautiful lush views of the surrounding palm coconut grooves and paddy fields. Spot colorful birds, notice the villagers indulged in their daily routine, visit the coir making industry and so on.
An overnight backwater cruise.
Day 6: Alleppey - Kovalam
You arrive in the morning at Alleppey, complete the check-out formalities and disembark the houseboat. Hit the road to Kovalam. Upon arrival, check into the hotel to rest for a while. A beautiful beach town, Kovalam is the place to be if you love peaceful ambiance, away from the stressful life of the city.
Later, you have options to choose – either you can visit the serene Kovalam beach (a crescent-shape beach divided into Hawa Beach, Lighthouse Beach and Samudra Beach) indulge in interesting water sports such as swimming, surfing, kayaking and skiing. Other than that, you can pamper yourself with an herbal Ayurvedic massage, offered at innumerable Ayurveda centers that are sprinkled all around.
Overnight Stay in Kovalam.
Day 7: Kovalam
On day 7, in the morning, relax on the beautiful beach of Kovalam and proceed towards Cape Comorin. Kanyakumari, known as Cape Comorin during the British days, lies on the southern tip of the Cardamom Hills. Extremely popular as Hindu religious site, the city is home an ancient temple that is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Visit the beach with multi-colored sand and partake in leisure activities. Other places that you visit include Padmanabhapuram Palace- a beautiful architecture gem built during the 16th century, this palace has murals, carvings, rose wood furniture, huge Durbar Hall, delicate intricate carvings etc and Government Archeological museum-consisting of murals, wood carvings and artifacts.
Back to Kovalam. Overnight stay.
Day 8: Kovalam -Trivandrum (Departure and sightseeing)
On the last day tour, get transferred to Trivandrum or Thiruvananthapuram. Enjoy morning sightseeing tour of Trivandrum- the largest and the capital city of Kerala. Later, drive to the airport to board flight for your onward destination.
Price Per Person in INR on Twin sharing
5* Star 4* Hotel 3* Hotels
INR 72200 INR 53200 INR 40800
INR 6000 INR 4000 INR 2400
Honeymoon Supplement Includes:
- 01 Candle light dinner during the stay
- 01 night bed decoration during the stay
- 01 Flower bouquet & chocolates
Hotels to be used or similar
1 Arrive Cochin
2 Cochin to Munnar
3 Munnar Chandys
5* Star or Similar
Houseboat (full time AC)
Houseboat ( AC (06 PM to 07 AM)
Harmonia Beach Resort
- Pagoda Resort
- Accommodation on 01 Double room (Base category room in each Hotel)
- Breakfast during the stay in hotel & all meals during the stay Houseboat
- Assistance on arrival & departure points.
- Airport / hotel transfers city tour Drives by Air - Condition Tata Indigo OR Similar with an ALL INDIA TOURIST PERMIT (driver as per the itinerary.)•
- All currently applicable taxes, however, any other tax as and when levied by the Government shall be extra.
- ANY TRAIN/AIRFARE
- Airports tax and travel insurance etc.•
- Services of English Speaking Guide for sightseeing.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
- Tips and porter charges.
- Any Airfare /train fare.
- Monument entrances. Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc.
- Any other service/s not specified above
- All taxes, hotel rates, transport rates, etc are as applicable on date. Any future hike on same would be charged extra.
- The above rates are valid for the given dates only. ( April 01 to 31 May 2016) Apart from Festival period )
- The above is only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your booking once we receive the payment from you & if we are not able to get the original hotels, shall provide equivalent / alternative hotels.
- Normal hotel check in /Check out time 1400 / 1200hrs
- For Terms & conditions, please click: www.indianholiday.com/terms-and-conditions.html